5:23 AM

EXCLUSIVE FSM ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: YOUNG RUSH

posted under by The MECCA of Rhymes | Edit This


Q:At what point did you decide you wanted to be an Artist?

A:Around 9th grade

Q: How did you come up with your name?

A: It came from my friends when I was younger they label me as the get away driver, so they called me Rush. My homie J Gutta added the Young to it later.

Q: Who are some of your favorite Artist?

A: My personal favorite is Andre from Outkast. I also like Jay-z, Nas, Lauren Hill, Biggie, Pac, Big L, Kanye, Common, Wayne, The Mecca Of Rhymes, Hendrix Law, and T.I. to name a few.

Q: Do you have any upcoming projects we should look out for?

A: I am featured on F.O.E. (Family Over Everything) album released under D.F.D.O. (Down From Day One) and I am currently working on my solo debut Flight Risk being released under F.S.M. (Flight School Music).

Q: Where do you see your music career in the next five years?

A: It’s hard to say the industry is tricky but the plan is to be hitting the charts by that time and shining a spotlight on my state of N.C.

Q: Where can we hear and purchase some of your Music?

A: I’m on Twitter (@YRushit), Myspace (Young_Rush), and Facebook. When my debut album drops it will be in all the internet stores as well as some local and national stores or you can get one in the streets of N.C. because we still go hand to hand.

Q: If you could work with any major artist, who would it be and why?

A: No question Andre 3000. His one of the most creative and lyrical artist of our time and his been a large influence on my career.

Q: How will this FSM Artist and Producer Showcase be beneficial to you as an Artist?

A: Well I can’t recall having this type of opportunity before so it’s definately a chance to grab some industry shine and put on for my state, but it’s also a learning experience for me as well.

Q: Now that we’ve brought a few labels to our area to show them our talent. What do you think we need to continue to do, in order to help take our local talent to the next level?

A: Just keep the opportunities coming and I feel we can handle the rest. It’s a lot of undiscovered talent in my State, all we need is the chance to bring it to the light.

Q: Any shoutouts?


A: Shouts to my whole state of N.C., my DFDO Family, my FSM family, all my fans, all the haters, my friends and family that supported me from day one, my Girl, and my two daughters that are the reason I do this at all…..

0 comments

Make A Comment
top